= = => CLICK HERE FOR OUR WEEKLY STEAM GAME GIVEAWAYS < = = =
We are big fans of AMD CPUs and highly recommend them but DO NOT BUY AMD graphics cards and APUs - THEIR DRIVERS SUCK
ET and Rust configuration guides, tips, bugs, etc., plus hardware, software, gaming and technology related subjects in general.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Why Windows 10 Sucks Or Everything Wrong with Windows 10
This article was not created to say that Linux is better (it's definitely not). It was created to stop Microsoft fans roaring in regard to Windows 10 and how it's better than Windows 7 in every regard - it's actually worse in most regards aside from DirectX 12 (which is actually hidden from the user and it's only exposed in games).
* Windows 10 spies on you aka phones home (welcome NSA/CIA/thoughtcrime/1984)!
* You've got no real control over crucial features of the OS:
- Windows 10 will have no service packs which means it will always be a work in progress and you are a perpetual beta tester.
- Forced upgrades you cannot opt out of (and Microsoft have borked quite a lot of them recently so prepare to see your Windows die after installing a new portion of updates - actually Microsoft has already borked one update, read horror stories about KB3081424).
* Windows 10 features terrible UI inconsistency, not limited to:
- Two kinds of fonts antialiasing (ClearType v2 for classic applications and some awful dirty grayish shit for Modern apps).
- All kinds of varying visual decorations and styles (some people have discovered up to seven varying styles in Windows 10).
- Absolutely dissimilar classic and modern (PC settings) control panels.
- Different fonts faces and sizes all around.
- Different styles of settings for modern apps.
- Absolutely different context menus and their appearance in different applications and apps.
* Terrible hardly configurable appearance, dubious design choices and extremely limited functionality (vs Windows 7/XP):
- Two Control Panels with absolutely zero thought given to how they differ and why each one should be used.
- Some Control Widgets are spread between the two Control Panels which is utterly confusing (e.g. Users Management).
- No Windows classic UI for windows decorations. Windows decorations can hardly be configured at all in Windows 10.
- An awful choice of colors/palette.
- Absolutely awful, childish and amateurish icons as if we live in the era of 8bit displays (only rivalled by those in Windows 3.1 from 1992). Windows 2000 in 1999 looked better than Windows 10 in 2015.
- A big number of Windows 10 apps are still NOT on par with their classical counterparts from Windows 7/Vista/XP (many features are missing or many options are not configurable).
- The start menu is an unusable abomination. Applications are listed as a list which is nigh impossible to scroll.
* Windows 10 sucks terribly if you are an unlucky user of a metered Internet connection:
- It features huge mandatory system and apps updates (you cannot disable them, you can only postpone the system reboot after their installation).
- As if it wasn't enough, Windows 10 gets downloaded automatically if you run Windows 7 or 8.1. We are talking about 3 gigabytes of data some people absolutely do not need.
- It uses your free bandwidth to distribute updates to other users nearby you.
* With Wi-Fi sense enabled anyone you have in your Skype, Outlook or Hotmail contacts lists — and any of your Facebook friends — can be granted automatic access to your Wi-Fi network as long as they're within range.
* A newly created user profile weighs over 300MB (!) while containing zero (!) information about the user.
* A newly created user profile is populated with all the default apps instead of giving the user a choice.
* In certain cases Windows 10 may kill your display if you are an unlucky owner of a laptop made by Alienware, LG or Samsung.
Just before you call me anti-Microsoft, a Linux shill, zealot or fanatic, here's a wonderful list of Linux problems that I've been compiling over the past six years. The truth is I don't plead allegiance to any OS on the market. So, sorry, Windows 10 sucks no less than Linux sucks, it just sucks differently. So far, Microsoft has two great modern OSes: Windows XP and Windows 7 (in the past they had rock solid Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000).
https://edri.org/microsofts-new-small-p ... ta-abused/
http://localghost.org/posts/a-traffic-a ... windows-10
http://fudzilla.com/news/38470-windows- ... for-piracy
http://arstechnica.co.uk/information-te ... microsoft/
http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-1 ... g-features
http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads ... rs.779449/
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... -panels/1/
How to completely avoid upgrading to Windows 10... forever
Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests